Addiction is a very serious disease, so much so that if it goes untreated, it can be deadly. For some, their addiction has not reached a level where he or she is on the brink of completely life-shattering and potentially fatal consequences. Some individuals are at a place with their addiction where they are either beginning to or are experiencing negative repercussions of their use, such as getting a demotion at work, experiencing increased arguments with loved ones, and becoming more comfortable socially withdrawing from friends than being around them.
They might even begin to experience some physical and/or psychological side effects, ranging from feeling extremely lethargic to showing symptoms of a mental health condition like anxiety or depression. For these individuals, an inpatient treatment program is not an appropriate option for them, as they do not have an addiction that is severe at this moment. And, attending an outpatient treatment program would be inappropriate too, as usual, only those with mild symptoms of addiction and who have already completed higher levels of addiction treatment can fully benefit from this type of care.
Thankfully, those who are in between needing inpatient treatment and outpatient treatment can participate in an intensive outpatient program. This specific type of program is designed to help those with moderate addiction address the pressing and underlying issues related to their disease so that true recovery can be achieved.
Benefits Of An Intensive Outpatient Program In Ft. Walton, FL
An intensive outpatient program in Fort Walton Florida is not an addiction treatment approach for everyone, however, several people have needs that can be met when participating in this type of program. An Ft. Walton, FL intensive outpatient program is ideal for those who:
- Do not require detox or other medical services
- Who has a stable and supportive living situation
- Have access to transportation to get to and from the facility
- Can manage treatment and the responsibilities of daily life at the same time
- Have completed a higher level of treatment, such as inpatient treatment, and can use a step-down form of treatment for continued recovery
An intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL is a good fit for someone who is experiencing a moderate substance use disorder and who requires weekly, hands-on treatment to help establish a solidified recovery.
What To Expect At A Ft. Walton, FL Intensive Outpatient Program
An intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL occurs at a professional treatment facility where patients can come and go based on their treatment schedules. In general, intensive outpatient in Ft. Walton lasts up to 90 days at the most. According to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), patients of an intensive outpatient program are required to spend a minimum of 9 hours per week receiving treatment. It is common for patients of intensive outpatient to go to the facility for treatment, on average, about three days each week for a few hours at a time. During that time, patients will participate in therapies that can help them address the specific treatment needs that they have. OurFt. Walton, FL intensive outpatient program offers the following therapies through intensive outpatient programming:
- Family therapy – Patients can bring their closest family members to therapy sessions with them so not only can they begin working towards resolve with them, but the family can receive the therapy they need in order to begin re-forming a strong family unit.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – Cognitive behavioral therapy, or CBT, is conducted one-on-one with a therapist and helps the patient modify negative thoughts, beliefs, and emotions that contribute to their destructive behaviors so that recovery can be achieved.
- Experiential therapy – Experiential therapy at an intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL allows patients to get hands-on in their treatment, including them in activities such as equine therapy and art therapy, both of which can help them access buried emotions and develop the confidence and bravery to discuss them and process them.
- Group therapy – All patients at an intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL will participate in group therapy with one another. Through these sessions, they can work towards common goals with other patients, develop strong bonds with one another, and utilize a group setting to share and learn in ways that promote inner self-growth and expression.
- Individual therapy – Individual therapy sessions are held in a private area where the therapist and the patient can focus solely on the needs of the patient. During his or her therapy, the therapist might incorporate different therapeutic approaches that can help the patient in processing and addressing the elements that led to this or her substance abuse and those that stemmed from it.
In addition to these therapies, trauma-focused therapy, rational emotive behavior therapy (REBT), motivational interviewing, recreational therapy, meditation and yoga, and PTSD therapy are also offered.
Call JourneyPure’s Intensive Outpatient Program Today!
When individuals in need of help enroll in our Ft. Walton, FL intensive outpatient program they are given the resources needed in order for them to face down their challenges with addiction and begin building a life that supports sobriety and long-term recovery. Within a program like this, patients can stop their active addiction and establish skills that keep them from using in the future.
If you are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol, take action right now and reach out to an intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL. You do not need to continue on with substance abuse that can cost you your life. You have the power (even if you are feeling powerless) to end your addiction in a healthy, productive way so that true health and happiness can be achieved.
So, do not wait any longer. By reaching out for the help that you deserve, you can prevent any further physical, psychological, and emotional damage from occurring and preserve what you can in order to move forward with your life. With the help of trained and compassionate professionals at intensive outpatient program in Ft. Walton, FL, you can make the changes you need to no longer struggle with addiction. Make the decision to get sober right now.