The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, or UPMC, was developed in 1893. Since then, it has become an unstoppable force in the healthcare community. Today, UPMC Health Plan partners with UPMC to treat 3.4 million members throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, and Maryland. UPMC Health Salon is also home to 140 hospitals and 23,300 physicians. According to the company, UPMC strives to “produce a combination of knowledge and expertise that provides the highest quality care at the most affordable price.” UPMC Health Plan offers Medicaid, Medicare, medical coverage for special needs, family plans, individual plans, and several different types of plans that include PPO and EPO options.
UPMC Health Plan does not only provide top-of-the-line health insurance for millions of people, but they also place a strong focus on improving the communities in which they serve. This includes employees of the company partaking in annual fundraising campaigns, volunteer days, and food drives. UPMC Health Plan is also dedicated to environmental stability and global health. And, several different events are held in the communities that we serve so that everyone has the opportunity to stay healthy.
What Does UPMC Health Plan Cover?
UPMC Health Plan offers members coverage for a number of different addiction treatment services and programs, including the following:
- Research-based substance use prevention programs – These programs work to provide students with education and services that can prevent the onset of alcohol, opioid, and tobacco use, as well as gambling problems.
- Substance use intervention programs – Members can contact intervention services if they or a loved one are struggling with substance use disorder and get guidance towards treatment.
- Inpatient detox – Detox services work to help members receive full medical and psychiatric support while they detox so that withdrawal symptoms can be best managed.
- Medication-assisted treatment – MAT helps members who are recovering from opioid addiction include medications like methadone and buprenorphine into the member’s treatment plan
- Inpatient treatment – Coverage can be provided for members residing at an inpatient treatment facility for their services
UPMC also provides coverage for outpatient treatment and intensive outpatient programs:
- Substance use and mental health assessments
- Individual, family, and group therapy
- Medication assessments and management for co-occurring disorders
- Drug-assisted treatments
- Case management and support
- Child care and other specialized services for women with substance use disorders
Intensive outpatient programs:
- Recovery education and manuals
- Therapy groups and individual counseling
- Medication management
Verifying Insurance and Finding the Most Appropriate Treatment
If you or someone you love is in need of treatment for a substance use disorder, the coverage that UPMC Health Plan can provide can help you or your loved one get the help they need to make a full recovery.
Contact UPMC Health Plan to determine what you or your loved one’s specific insurance plan covers so that you can be informed on what to expect in terms of coverage. Doing so will not only help you or your loved one access treatment, but it will also help to obtain the appropriate treatment for either one of you.